[horde] Issue on fresh install with translation and carddav

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Aug 4 10:06:40 UTC 2020

Laurent MĂ„NNLEIN wrote:
> So the only issue now that I am facing since more than one month and
> that I can't figure out is with the translation which keeps displaying
> english default titles instead of the translated ones.
>
> If somebody have a clue on this, you are VERY welcome!

I don't know how Debian handles this, but I recently faced similar
difficulties with translations not working on the Horde login page when
using CentOS 8. On CentOS 8, it seems the files required for all locales
are no longer installed by default. Only some selection of locales is
installed (see "yum list installed langpacks*"). What I ended up doing was

yum install glibc-all-langpacks

which resolved the issue for me.

But I'm afraid that's not going to help you. I just wanted to mention
this, if someone else is having similar trouble with translations and
comes back to read this thread.

Also not a solution to your problem, but maybe helpful when debugging:
The easiest way that I found to check if the language selection on the
Horde login page is working is to change into the directory where
login.php resides and there run

php-cgi -f login.php new_lang=fr_FR | tail -5

(or try "php-cgi -f login.php new_lang=nl_NL | tail -5" for a change, it
should output something talking about 'wachtwoord')

Jens