[horde] Changes in Signature reset by ActiveSync

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Aug 31 11:18:39 UTC 2020

Hi Michael,

> Quoting Michael Menge <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> one of our users had a problem that he could not change his mail signature.
>> "The next Morning" the Signature was reset to the old signature.
>>
>> After a few days of debugging I discovered that the signature was restored
>> by Samsung S10 every few minutes via ActiveSync (the Change was not visible
>> for the users as the signature was cached)
>
> Can you provide a sync log showing whatever you are seeing being
> sent to the S10 to "restore" the signature? ActiveSync doesn't do
> anything with the user's signature.  The signature set in Horde
> should have no bearing on what is used on the device - that's a
> device setting.

the user has some concerns about personal data contained in the Logs,
so I can't provide you with the logs.

To clarify the situation. The Signature was Change by the user using the
the normal dynamic view editing the preferences and by me using an
"UPDATE horde_prefs"
SQL statment on the PostgreSQL Database.

I watched the Database for changes of the identity pref of the user.
The change correlated
with the ActiveSync activity of the Samsung S10 shown in the apache
access log.

I searched the ActiveSync log of the Samsung  S10 but could not find
any Strings of the Signature

Kind Regards,

    Michael

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen