[horde] hoster changes from centOS 6 to centOS7

Christoph Haas christoph+horde at haas-online.org
Fri Nov 13 09:03:22 UTC 2020

Hello Frank,

what did you tranfer from the old to the new server?

Just /var/www/html/horde or /srv/www/horde? This is not enough!

You have to transfer also the directories
- /usr/share/php/Horde
- /usr/share/php
- /var/cache/horde
- /var/log/horde
- /tmp/.horde
- /tmp/pear.

The above mentioned dirs are on a Debian Linux, but on a CentOS-system
dirs should be similar.

BUT from my experience it is better to dump the database on the old
system, look after all requirements (incl. php-pear ;-) ) on the new
system and setup a fresh install of horde on the new system.

Then you should diff the contents of your Horde-config-files from the
old and the new system and adjust the configs on the new one.

Afterwards you can import the dump and all should be up and running again!

Of course this requires shell-access on your systems. I don't know if
this is the case on uberspace.de

Cheers from Stuttgart to Hannover
Christoph.

----- Nachricht von Frank Lienhard <frank at mclien.de> ---------