[horde] hoster changes from centOS 6 to centOS7

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Nov 13 12:04:20 UTC 2020

Hello,

Am 12.11.2020 um 19:21 schrieb Frank Lienhard:
> OK, I have to move my webserver, because my hoster is changing from
> centOS6 to 7.
>
> I use shared hosting (uberspace.de) and they provide some migration service.
>
> which means among other thing, that you have both instances available
> for some time.
> I've done the change and all the files where transfered.
>
> But the there is no version of pear installed on the new server.
> And the new server is running PHP 7  (7.2.  7.3./ 7.4.).
>
> I'm a bit lost how to get horde working again...

I'd suggest you do a fresh install first and test run it, then replace
the freshly installed DB with a dump of the old db.
In case you used other backends (Vfs to filesystem, imap, ldap etc) you
need to connect them, too.

Horde does indeed work on PHP7 and on centos 7.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de