[horde] RPMs for Horde Groupware Webmail Edition?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Jan 5 09:35:14 UTC 2021

Am 05.01.2021 um 00:22 schrieb Thomas Cameron:
> Howdy, all -
>
> I want to use Horde Groupware Webmail Edition, but I'm not really
> interested in using pear to install it. I'd rather use the package
> management system that came with the distro (RHEL 8), yum and rpm.
>
> Are there RPMs for Horde Groupware Webmail Edition?
>
> Thanks!
> Thomas

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/server:php:applications

There are RPMs in SUSE's Open Build Service but they are geared towards
SLE, Leap and Tumbleweed. Fixing them up for centos/rhel would require
some work, but I am currently not planning to invest.
In fact, these RPM's internally base on the system's pear installation
and won't work without the php-pear package (which they install as their
requirement). I have a mostly working composer install of horde, along
with some improvements, but they align with Horde git master (read:
development code).

I no longer run horde myself off pear or the RPMs and I have not yet
figured how to deliver post-pear Horde as RPMs.

For the next weeks, I am really crunched for spare time to continue.

--

Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de