[horde] Contacts Import/Export questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 19 18:20:30 UTC 2021

Zitat von Alex Weirig <alex.weirig at technolink.lu>:

> Dear Horde users and developers,
>
> I'm supporting some 800 users using a Horde based webmail service
> offered by a third party provider and I'm facing the following
> problem:
>
>  * I create several contacts in "My address book"
>  * I assign the contacts to a contacts list, also in "My address book"
>  * I export the contacts and the contacts list into an LDIF (or csv) file
>
> What I notice, is that the "relation" between the contact and
> contact list is lost, i.e. when I import my LDIF (or csv) file
> again, the contacts are no longer member of the list.

This is correct.

> Please note: I don't have any admin access to the Horde
> installation. I don't know what exact version is installed.
>

> What would be the right LDIF format to maintain the relationship
> between the list and the contacts?

LDIF is indeed the only format that would make sense to include the
list relationship, because it contains structured information. One
would have to add the objectClass "group" and then set the "member"
attribute correctly.

> I can generate contacts lists from an external tool and would then
> like to import them into the Horde address book but I'd need a
> working file in order to know what I need to put in there for this
> to work.

A starting point would be turba/lib/Data/Ldif.php.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project