[horde] Sudden user-interface changes for some users

DrOteonu oteonu at nanquanu.org
Mon Feb 15 10:54:31 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-02-14 at 18:54 +0530, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
> ----- Message from DrOteonu <oteonu at nanquanu.org> ---------    Date:
> Sun, 14 Feb 2021 11:47:48 +0100    From: DrOteonu <
> oteonu at nanquanu.org>Subject: [horde] Sudden user-interface changes
> for some users      To: horde at lists.horde.org
>

> > Dear Horde community,We have been using Horde for years and with
> > pleasure. However,suddenly, in some accounts the interface has
> > changed, in a veryunpleasant way. The strange thing is that this
> > only happened in someuser-accounts, without these users having made
> > any changes in theirsettings. And without us having upgraded
> > Horde.Some examples of the changes:A. Calendar interface
> > changes:Original interface:The URL generated by horde:
> > https://[domain]/kronolith/#week%3A20210207Screenshot:
> > https://pasteboa
> > rd.co/JOiRM7O.pngAmong other things:1) It has a "search" field in
> > the upper-rightcorner, that functions very well. 2) If you click
> > somewhere in acolumn, a dialogue box appears to add a new event. 3)
> > Clicking anevent, makes a user-friendly dialogue box appear that
> > allows you toedit it.The changed interface:The URL generated by
> > horde:https://[domain]/kronolith/week.phpScreenshot:
> > https://pasteboard.co/JO
> > iR9KB.pngAll the features 1, 2 and 3 are gone. It is hard to work
> > withthis interface.B.  Email client changeThe email client changed
> > from a full interface to a minimal hard-to-usetext-based interface
> > for some users.(End of examples.)I have tried to go through all
> > settings numerous times, but to noavail.This is just a sample of
> > the things that have changed. Throughouthorde, more things seem to
> > have changed. Funnily enough, this is thecase only for some users.
> > I have the impression that somehow it servesother dynamically-
> > generated webpages to different users. E.g., I seethat the URLs
> > generated by Horde have changed, but only for some users,not for
> > others.How can we change it back? And what may have caused this?
> > How can weprevent these apparently unsolicited changes in the
> > future?Thanks in advance!DrO
> > --Horde mailing listFrequently Asked Questions:
> > http://horde.org/faq/
>
> ----- End message from DrOteonu <oteonu at nanquanu.org> -----
> As per my experience, it will happen, when either the browser
> crashes  or system is shutdown without logging out of Horde.

Thanks, Anant, for thinking along!
However - the analysis of wahnes at uni-koeln.de already revealed the
culprit. But perhaps, this "Mode switch" he mentions takes place as a
consequence of what you mention, although that does not seems very
likely to me.
> You may simulate and try.

( Nice to also see some "devanagari" in your signature - a beautiful
script ;-) )