[horde] Output issue for “pecl memcache install“ (prerequisite for Horde installation)

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Feb 17 07:20:35 UTC 2021

Citeren keepshango at free.fr:

> *** TEST ENVIRONMENT ***
> Machine : remote VPS 2vCore
> OS distro : Ubuntu 20.04
> Web server : apache 2.4
> Cpanel : ISPConfig 3.2.2
>
> I am blocked at section 5 of the PREREQUISITES (ADDITIONAL PECL
> MODULES) to install HORDE GROUPWARE WEBMAIL EDITION.

Don't use all-caps please. This is considered shouting and I take
offense for being yelled at for no good reason at all.

> WHATEVER I ALREADY TRIED (see CHECK-LIST BELOW) as per getting rid of
> it, I STILL HAVE THE SAME OUTPUT when executing “PECL MEMCACHE INSTALL“
> command line :
>
> *** OUTPUT ***
> S~# pecl install memcache
> pecl/memcache requires PHP (version >= 8.0.0), installed version is
> 7.4.15
> No valid packages found

This is not Horde related, you're attempting to install a version of
memcache that is incompatible with the installed PHP version. You'll
need to provide the version number of memcache that supports PHP7
(4.0.5.2 is memory serves).

> ***************
>
> I WOULD THEN GREATLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP to solve this issue, starting
> with having Horde developpers's opinion upon ANOTHER TRAIL I HAVE IN
> MIND (MORE INFO AT THE END OF MY MESSAGE).
>
> HERE BELOW IS THE CHECK-LIST OF ALL ITEMS THAT I HAVE BEEN INSTALLING
> (OR ADDED) TO MY SERVER, IN THE HOPE THAT IT WOULD HELP ! And in
> ISPConfig 3.2.2 (my control panel), I ADDITIONALLY changed the RELEVANT
> WEBSITE PHP VERSION SETTING FROM DEFAULT TO PHP 8 (e.g.
> "groupware.domain-name.net"), as to prepare HGWE installation.

I don't think Horde is already fully tested with PHP8, so for the time
being it is probably best to stick to PHP7.