[horde] Don't use PHP 8 currently Re: Output issue for “pecl memcache install“ (prerequisite for Horde installation)

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Feb 17 07:40:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am 17.02.2021 um 08:20 schrieb Arjen de Korte:
> I don't think Horde is already fully tested with PHP8, so for the time
> being it is probably best to stick to PHP7.

While I *did* run some manual testing of some components, there's a lot
to consider with PHP 8. To date, distributions don't have imagick for
PHP8 (upstream discussion here:
https://github.com/Imagick/imagick/issues/331), xmlrpc is deprecated
(json-rpc works fine though) and I have not looked into what php8 does
to some really oldschool coding patterns in horde/rpc and horde/forms
which spam warnings as of php7. For the moment, I cannot advise running
either the released 5.2 versions or the 6.x dev-master on PHP 8.

Regards

Ralf

--
Ralf Lang