[horde] Manage HGWE installation from a control panel ?

keepshango at free.fr keepshango at free.fr
Thu Feb 18 08:04:09 UTC 2021

Hello,

Replies to the 4 questions below would help better apprehend running and
using of HGWE on my VPS

Q1 : PREREQUISITES
As I mainly work FROM UI OF MY ISPCONFIG 3 CONTROL panel, I added the
“EXTENSION=FILEINFO.SO“ string (PECL extension) IN THE PHP.INI FIELD
dedicated to my HGWE website (e.g. groupware.mydomain.com).

May this interfere with following steps to install HGWE ?

Q2 : PREREQUISITES
Does INSTALLING PECL MODULES “AT THE COMMAND PROMPT“ means that command
prompt will trigger at next step, while installing HGWE withe PEAR ?

Q3 : INSTALLING WITH PEAR
As I wish to install HGWE with PEAR THE WAY THAT MATCHES MY CONTROL
PANEL CONFIGURATION, may this cause issue to execute “PEAR“ COMMAND
LINES UNDER SUCH THIS PATH (e.g.) ?

S:~# cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web
S:~# cd /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web# pear channel-discover
pear.horde.org
(web being the website root directory)

Q4 : HTTPS
Accessing HGWE in https mode can be set following install instruction,
but as well from the relevant website in my Cpanel (http to https
check-box).

WHAT OPTION IS MOST SUITABLE for a direct and proper https connection to
my HGWE instance (I mean without forehandling alert page, or a red
striped padlock icon in the URL field) ?

Regards,