[horde] Guidance on SQL vs. NoSQL storage

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Mar 12 22:17:24 UTC 2021

Hi, all.

We recently added a node to our Horde access server, and I figured I'd
take the opportunity to try out MongoDB as a NoSQL storage method for
shared data across the cluster.

Unfortunately it hugely spiked the load on the server, and I ended up
backing out the config and reverting to PostgreSQL for the shared storage.

Is there any guidance or recommendations for the kinds of data it might
be appropriate to consider using one over the other? eg. ActiveSync
caching vs. IMAP caching vs. session data, preferences, etc.?

Thanks very much.

Nels Lindquist
----
<nlindq at maei.ca>