[horde] New install using Git and composer missing horde_* tables

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Mar 31 13:21:48 UTC 2021

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Am 30.03.21 um 18:50 schrieb Bill Campbell:
>> I've been trying to set horde using horde-git-tools with a postgresql-10.3
>> database, getting through the first stages to the configuration screen.
>> The first time running this is complains about the database migration files
>> do not exist PEAR data_dir.  The command pear config-get data_dir returns
>> the correct directory, and permissions look OK.
>>
>> After going through the basic horde configuration, defining the database
>> connection, and saving the horde configuration starting with an empty
>> database, the horde database is largely populated, except that none of the
>> horde_* tables have been created.
>>
>> Running bin/horde-db-migrate completes normally, but still no horde_prefs
>> or other horde_* tables.
>>
>> Life was simpler when I started using horde-3.1.5 in 2007 as there were
>> nice sql scripts easily available to handle the database setup and
>> migration.
>>
>> Bill
>
> Hi Bill,
>
> this is a known issue. If I remember correctly, manually setting up a
> non-relative horde install dir in registry.local.php can mend that.
> I just don't remember if you need to set it to the linked (web) dir or
> the git dir but I think it was the web dir.

It's been a while since I set up a git install entirely from scratch,
but IIRC, you need to set $app_fileroot and $app_webroot in
base/config/registry.local.php. $app_fileroot needs to be an absolute
path to the horde web root on the filesystem. $app_webroot is, well,
the web-accessible root of the horde install. I.e., "/horde" for most
installations.

I remember also needing to set the include path and to define the
'HORDE_BASE' variable in horde.local.php, but I think that might be
taken care of by git-horde-tools now?  I.e.:

<?php if (!defined('HORDE_BASE')) define('HORDE_BASE',
'/var/www/foo.example.com/html/horde'); ini_set('include_path',
'/var/www/foo.example.com/html/horde/libs' . PATH_SEPARATOR .
ini_get('include_path'));

HTH