[horde] Encrypted notes cannot be decrypted

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Sun May 23 21:15:33 UTC 2021

Andreas Mauser wrote:
> after I moved my webserver to a new hardware I am not able to open my
> encrypted mnemo-notes anymore.

Did you check that gpg is installed on the new server? Maybe its
location needs to be configured using Horde's
$conf['gnupg']['path']
setting. Or this setting might refer to a path that is not available on
the newer server.

Also, when moving to a newer server, this might mean that you moved from
gpg version 1 to version 2, so this could also be causing trouble. If
that's the case, you might try to install a "gnupg1" package (at least
that's the name used in Redhat based distros) and then point Horde's
gnupg path setting to the respective binary, e.g. /bin/gpg1

Jens