[horde] Identify for ActiveSync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon May 31 16:28:47 UTC 2021

Quoting Volker Jordan <mx at e24.cx>:

> Hi,
>

> I have identified a strange scenario and wonder whether this is a bug or not.
>
> I use two email addresses for my regular conversations and therefore
> created two identities.
>
> A Firstname Lastname email1 at test.com
>
> B Firstname Lastname email2‎@test.com
>

> To let the ActiveSync device choose which email to use for outbound
> emails, I left the email address empty in the default identify. ‎The
> default identify only has Firstname and Lastname defined.
>

> This setup works with one tiny exception, which is that the
> Firstname and Lastname are not ‎passed over. It only works if I dont
> have any other identities defined.
>

> Is this working as expected?

If I understand your question correctly, you have 3 identities in
Horde - one for email1, one for email2, and one with no email but
FirstName LastName. This last identity is the one you have configured
as the ActiveSync identity?

What exactly are you seeing? Where exactly is FirstName/LastName not
showing where you expect?

What version of EAS is being used? What device/activesync client?

Can you provide a sync log? Ideally one showing a SETTINGS command?

It's possible that the client doesn't attach the firstname/lastname to
an identity since there is no corresponding email address for it.