[horde] Troubleshooting login issues with git version

Mike barjunk at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 5 15:12:07 UTC 2021

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Am 03.07.21 um 01:36 schrieb Mike:
>> I'm setting up the git version of horde and can get the
>> installation to work, however, when I change the authentication to
>> use IMAP it goes back to the login screen when you click on the
>> mail link.
>>
>> What I have been able to find is this:
>> https://wiki.horde.org/faq/admin/troubleshoot and am still
>> struggling to get it to work.
>>
>> I have a production version of the non-git version that works just
>> fine, but it seems like the layout of the directories are
>> different, so probably require a somewhat different apache config
>> or something similar.
>
>> When I run the test.php script, it seems to register new sessions
>> and behaves like my production version does.
>>
>> I'm able to use the IMP imap test to verify that the account CAN
>> successfully complete.
>>

>> session.auto_start is set to 0
>> use_only_cookies is checked
>> I'm using the hosts IP address (it is internal to my network at this time)
>>
>> I'd like to make the url be https://<Server IP>/horde.
>>
>> This is stored at /the/path/to/mysite/horde
>>

>> So I THINK this means: my
>>  - fileroot/documentroot should be /the/path/to/mysite/horde/web/horde
>>  - webroot should be /horde
>>

>> Additionally, I would have an Alias line that looked something like this:
>>
>> Alias /horde /the/path/to/mysite/horde/web/horde
>>
> You should not need that.
>
> Your webserver's webroot is horde/web/ and requests for login
> automatically get forwarded to horde/web/horde/
>
> Do other auth backends like SQL database or passwd file work as expected?

OK.  Doing this worked, however, I wanted to move it to https://<IP
Address>/horde, right now this works at https://<IP Address>/

Maybe I'm under the mistaken impression that if I move it under a
different directory, that would break the git deployment?

Maybe I need to be using rewrite here?  I realize this is an apache
question...so may not be an appropriate question for this list.

Mike Barsalou