[horde] horde/http: Who uses Pecl\Http (1, 2, x) as a backend?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Jul 11 17:17:47 UTC 2021

Hi, I am currently giving the Horde_Http some update work [1] for H6.

One area where I am not so sure what to do is the support for two
drivers Pecl_Http and Pecl_Http2

I consulted PECL and found they are currently offering 4.x releases for
PHP 8, but 3.x for PHP7 has at least one update in 2021. Last Release
for 2.x was back in 2016 and 1.x last saw an update in 2013.

Is anybody actively using Pecl\Http and can tell me if porting either of
the existing Horde_Http backends for that extension makes sense? A first
look into the documentation suggests the classes exposed by the
extension may be compatible with Horde's http2 driver.[2]

[1] https://www.ralf-lang.de/2021/07/11/hordes-http-component-goes-psr/

[2] https://mdref.m6w6.name/http/Client/Request

--
Ralf Lang