[horde] PHP 8.0 status with Horde? 4th Advent Update

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Dec 19 10:01:40 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am 03.11.21 um 14:20 schrieb Ralf Lang:
> Hi,
>
> Am 03.11.21 um 02:51 schrieb impuser at bitrealm.com:
>> I note that Fedora 35 was released today and that it ships with
>> php 8.0.  I messed around a little in horde trying to get it to
>> work, but it seems like there are quite a few places where some
>> old stuff is in place and php 8.0 killed it.  The "each" statement
>> is in quite a few places and it has been deprecated.
>>
>> The only info I could find was on the Horde twitter saying that
>> it isn't compatible and once I got "test.php" to run, it said that
>> it wasn't fully tested.
>>
>> brent
>
> It depends. Officially, no PHP8 support yet.
> For horde master, there are some relevant patches but I think at least
> two critical libraries need heavy development to either fix or replace
> them:
>
> - Horde_Forms
> - Horde_Rpc

I made some progress.

1) I can confirm that my version of the components tool can be installed
through composer in php 8.0.14 and run in php8, at least the portions
that are relevant to me at the moment. I did not notice any breakage.
2) I can confirm that the versions of most packages I updated yesterday
do at least install in a php 8 environment. This includes the hordectl
tool, the horde base app, and these apps and their dependencies: imp,
turba, nag, mnemo, passwd, content, kronolith, timeobjects

This enables the next stage, building a runtime container based on PHP 8
and performing actual tests and fixes as necessary. We are getting
somewhere.

Details:

https://www.ralf-lang.de/2021/12/18/php-8-horde-maintaina/

--