[horde] Imp login with other email providers than Gmail

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:03:54 UTC 2022

Hello maillist,

Google has just announced that on may 30th 2022 they will permanently
disable "less secure apps" from gmail.  As a result I will lose
connectivity to my gmail via Imp & Horde.

I also use Imp as the auth backend for horde.  So this is a big issue
for me and I'm sure many are in the same boat...

Question 1:  Can imp be used with Gmail with 2FA or Oauth ?  I think
google wants their users to use "Sign in with Google" which I won't.

Question 2:  I meant to "de-google" for a while now and this may be
the trigger for it.  Has anyone used another reliable email provider
with Imp, such as Proton mail?  I've looked around in proton mail and
I cannot see remote access for apps such as Imp.

Thanks!
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent using Horde Groupware on GNU/Linux