[horde] Horde 5.2.23 ActiveSync autodiscover JSON support

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Sep 17 22:27:56 UTC 2022

Quoting Ronny Forberger <ronnyforberger at ronnyforberger.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I running H5 on Debian.
>
> I want to set up ActiveSync Autodiscovery.
>
> My Android 12 Phone is looking for path
> <host>/autodiscover/autodiscover.json only. I configured my web
> server to alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.json to rpc.php.

Interesting. What mail app are you using? I can't get any of my
clients or test devices to actually request the json path.

> My relevant Apache2's access log:
>
>> ::1 - - [09/Sep/2022:17:23:40 +0200] "GET
>> /autodiscover/autodiscover.json?Email=ronny.forberger%40forberger-online.de&Protocol=ActiveSync&RedirectCount=1 HTTP/1.0" 200 332 "-"
>> "Android-Mail/2022.08.07.469547715.Release"
> I am running Horde Activesync v2.41.5-1 and I found in the
> ActiveSync CHANGES file that JSON support for autodiscovery is
> supported since version v2.41.0.
>
> There seems to be an empty reply from Horde on my installation.

I'll preface my response to your actual issue with this:  The json
endpoint is not publicly documented by MS.  Our implementation was a
best-guess based on investigation by myself and others. It's mostly
based on what was returned by various known clients connecting to
different Exchange hosts.

The reason your URL is not returning ANYTHING is because our code is
looking for lower case value in the "protocol" parameter of the url.
If you try that url in a browser, and replace the "ActiveSync" text
with "activesync" you should see some response data.

I'm going to make a change in the code to accept any casing there,
should be released by end of the day today (most likely in the "Core"
package).

Please report back and let us know if the values we are returning
actually do anything with your client :)