[horde] Horde Framework 6.0 and/or Horde Framework 5.2 PHP 8.1 compatibility timeline?

Ralf Lang ralf.lang at ralf-lang.de
Tue Oct 4 05:50:09 UTC 2022

Hi Gary,

Am 03.10.2022 um 03:46 schrieb Gary Horchem:
> Hello is there any timeline at to when Horde Framework 6.0 and/or Horde Framework 5.2 PHP 8.1 compatibility happen? PHP 7.4 goes into EOL on  November 28th 2022.
> Sent from my iPad
At this point in time, I run a subset of Horde on 8.1 on a daily basis -
though on the maintaina-com fork, not on the horde master codebase. I am
also working on merging back to upstream horde.
Most libraries' unit test suites have been upgraded to 8.1 or 8.2
compat, along with fixing what broke. However, the coverage of these
tests suites is very different among the libraries and especially low in
apps.

Of course I don't run all apps, all drivers and all edge cases. Very
likely something will be broken for users. Very likely some
configuration will spam deprecation notices by the lot. I appreciate any
feedback.

Regards
Ralf