[horde] Caldav/Carddav using Horde Framework and lighttpd

Ralf Lang ralf.lang at ralf-lang.de
Thu Dec 8 06:35:25 UTC 2022

Hello Julian,

Am 07.12.2022 um 13:50 schrieb Julian Kotysch:
> Hello,
> I want to use caldav/carddav with Horde Framework and lighttpd, but I can't connect to my Server with my iPhone or Thunderbird.
> I think the rewrite (lighttpd) isn't possible.
>
> Used Versions: Debian 11 (bullseye); Lighttpd 1.4.59; Horde Framework 5.2.23
>
> Lighttpd Config:
> $HTTP["host"] == "dav.test.de" {
> url.rewrite-if-not-file = ("" => "/rpc.php")
> }
>
> curl query:
> curl.exe -X PROPFIND --basic --user "username:password" dav.test.de
>
> curl result:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
> <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden</s:exception>
> <s:message>Requested uri (/) is out of base uri (/rpc.php/)</s:message>
> <s:sabredav-version>1.8.12</s:sabredav-version>
> </d:error>
>

> Does anyone have an example configuration for using lighttpd?
>

> Regards
>
> Julian
Depending on your configuration, the rewrite endpoint might be either
/rpc.php or /rpc/ but you are trying to forward a rewrite from the
domain root.
This is possible in the composer-based version of Horde, currently only
available through maintaina. It contains a new config switch to relocate
the rewrite base.

I will need to document such a use case though.

Meanwhile, I suggest you don't rewrite the URL Base that way but instead
point thunderbird to dav.test.de/rpc.php/ which should just work without
further issues.
For Apple devices, it might be required to configure a "well known" dns
entry.

Regards

Ralf