[horde] Any 2FA / MFA options which could work with Horde?

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Tue Feb 14 17:19:49 UTC 2023

  Are you talking about just using the web interface, or are you
talking about mobile devices that are using ActiveSync via a vpn
connection? The folks are probably worried about people inside your
network too...an internal virus that can compromise the system.

If just the web insterface, I would do this with SSL certificates to
provide a "second factor" authentication. You can create identity
certs that your web server (apache, for instance) would need to see
before presenting users with the horde login screen. One could have a
single company-wide cert that any device would need to have and then
you'd get in; or, you could create individual user certs and have
apache do a certificate verification against a Certificate Authority
before presenting the login screen. I've not done it with Apache, but
it should be doable and satisfy the MFA requirement. If someone
leaves/quits, then the cert can be revoked. Even if they know logins,
then they can't get in. This is generally required for PCI/Sox or
HIPAA rules that must be followed.

I don't see that Horde has any built-in MFA provisions.

If you have devices and use ActiveSync, then I see that there is a
client cert option shown in the UI. I've not used it personally, but
the fact it is there means it "should" work.

brent