[horde] initial conf file and DB with composer install?

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Sat Mar 4 09:56:31 UTC 2023

On 3/4/23 09:23, Admin Beckspaced wrote:
> Am 03.03.2023 um 21:10 schrieb Frank Lienhard:
>>> Maybe I'm just to blind or missing basic knowledge, but there a 2
>>> points I don't get.
>>>
>>> If I do a new composer install, I do not have a
>>> var/config/horde/conf.php
>>> nor a DB.
>>>
>>> So how do I generate those?
>>> At least I can't find any in the git description:
>>> https://github.com/horde/horde-deployment
>>
>> have a look at the horde install docs
>>
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#configuring-horde
>>
>> 4. Creating databases
>>
>> Databases and conf.php will get created via the horde administartion
>> -> configuration
>>
>> hope that helps
>>
>> Greetings
>> Ralf
>
> ups ... let me be more precise.
>
> the database and database user you have to create by yourself.
> then you fill in the database info into the horde config.
> on save of the horde conf.php you will then have the option to update
> all DB schema
> which will actually create all the database tables needed

Finally, with you link I found the missung link :-)
in 2. Configuring Horde
"To configure Horde, change to the config/ directory of the installed
distribution, and copy the conf.php.dist configuration file to conf.php."

Thanks for the hint. I now have a fallback, if I keep failing to migrate
my H5....