[horde] IMP is marked as authenticated, but no credentials can be found in the session.

Marcel Selhorst horde at selhorst.net
Fri Mar 17 15:31:36 UTC 2023

Dear Horde-Team,

I would like to point your attention to a blocking issue we are facing:
https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/15137

The problem is that IMP is not working anymore after upgrading to Ubuntu
22.04 LTS, which was required as earlier Ubuntu versions are close to
End-Of-Life.
I see various open threads and a ticket on this topic but no solution.
Could you please raise the priority of this blocking issue and assign it?

Let me know if you like further information or steps to reproduce.
I am happy to assist in any debugging required; for instance I confirmed
that the PHP session management is working as expected. My current
assumption is that something is going wrong with saving the IMAP session
credentials shared between Horde (acquired during login) and IMP. There
were some Crypto changes in OpenSSL (mostly hardening), maybe the issue
lies there?

All other Horde applications are working as expected.

I also entered all information I have into the ticket above.

Thank you very much for your support.
Marcel