[horde] mail is not activated

Ferdinand Gruber fer.grub at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 1 19:39:34 UTC 2023

Am 01.10.23 um 00:32 schrieb Brent:
> The latest dev version with composer will overwrite your files in your
> imp/config directory to defaults. You need to set those back up again.
> That includes backends.local.php and mime_drivers.local.php.

I tried the following steps. I copied from a rather old backup of my
horde version 5 the file horde/|imp/config/backends.local.php |to the
current composer installation of horde 6 on my server
/srv/www/htdocs/horde/vendor/horde/imp/config.

That did not help - I still cannot log in. I still get the error message
mail is not activated

Now I checked a newer backup of Horde 6 - when it was still working. The
config folder of that backup contains the following files

22751 Jan 19  2023 backends.php
   898 Mar  7  2023 conf.bak.php
   898 Mar  7  2023 conf.php
  8483 Jan 19  2023 conf.xml
26910 Jan 19  2023 hooks.php.dist
    52 Mar  5  2023 horde.local.php ->
/srv/www/htdocs/horde/var/config/imp/horde.local.php
  1755 Jan 19  2023 menu.php.dist
14648 Jan 19  2023 mime_drivers.php
48620 Jan 19  2023 prefs.php

There is no backends.local.php and no mime_drivers.local in the config
folder - and I was able to log in using imp. It suppose that this two
files are no more needed in Horde 6. Horde 6 has been running on my
server without this files for half a year.

What is going wrong now?

--
Regards from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber