[horde] What is the current status from installation perspective

Michael Schlueter michael at johalla.de
Wed Jan 3 17:41:49 UTC 2024

Hi Carsten,

for the installation with horde-deployment I was using following
directories in my apache config:
<VirtualHost
DocumentRoot /srv/www/horde-deployment/web/
<Directory "/srv/www/horde-deployment/web/">

But as Ralf already mentioned I would recommend to follow his suggestion
to install horde completely with composer2:
<https://www.ralf-lang.de/2023/10/27/maintainas-horde-6-goes-upstream/>
composer create-project horde/bundle .
composer require horde/imp ^7
composer require horde/turba
composer require horde/kronolith ^5 horde/nag ^5 horde/passwd
horde/timeobjects horde/content
It's a bit annoying that you have to use the explicit major versions for
some apps right now. They are not intuitive for end users. That will go
away soon though.

This should work with php version 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2.

The package for whups is also there but the requires in horde/schedule
is looking for php 7 so that I was not able to test it so far.

BR
Michael