[horde] Horde 6 causing apache segmentation faults

Horst Simon horst.simon2 at icloud.com
Wed May 1 07:09:33 UTC 2024

Hi Ralf,

------ Original Message ------
To horde at lists.horde.org
Date 30/4/2024, 19:33:25
Subject Re: [horde] Horde 6 causing apache segmentation faults

>Hi Horst,
>
>Am 25/04/2024 um 15:17 schrieb Horst Simon:
>>I did more testing and the php errors for phpinfo I mentioned in other emails incorrect since the file phpinfo.php was in the incorrect directory, I moved the phpinfo.php into /opt/local/www/apache2/horde/web and after this
>>https://localhost/phpinfo.php worked fine. When I tried https://localhost/index.php or http://localhost/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=horde
>>
>>I get these errors:
>>[Thu Apr 25 23:10:13.127002 2024] [mpm_prefork:info] [pid 308] AH00162: server seems busy, (you may need to increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 8 children, there are 2 idle, and 4 total children
>>
>>[Thu Apr 25 23:10:13.175875 2024] [core:notice] [pid 308] AH00052: child pid 10117 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>>
>>[Thu Apr 25 23:10:13.179756 2024] [core:notice] [pid 308] AH00052: child pid 10115 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>>

>>Have attached the Apache error log.
>>
>>The apache server runs as user: _www and group _www, the horde and directories underneath are _www:_www.
>>
>>I don’t know is it a misbsobehaving  php module or some incompatibility with horde and the installed php.
>
>There is nothing about horde which would make apache segfault on accessing a phpinfo file.
>
>Can you please stop apache and run php's builtin dev webserver for a test?

Connection to phpinfo work ok, this was an error by me.
I went back to basics and installed horde groupware 5 and it gives me
too the segmentation fault with apache2 when I connect to the horde
login page.
When I used the built-in php dev webserver I could connect and display
the horde login page.
I am using MacOS latest MacPorts php74 and php74-apache2handler which I
think could be the issue.
I have another MacOS running Horde5 with Macports php74 but and older
version of MacPorts and the ports.
So I assume the upgrade on the failing machine from the older MacPort
version to the newer one caused the issue possible in the
php_apache2handler.
The problem exist not only with php74 on Horde5. I tried too php81 and
php82 with Horde6.

Regards,
Horst Simon