[horde] Registry and prefs without effect

NP HordeML horde.mail at niska.top
Mon Sep 28 10:44:06 UTC 2026


Hi,

I've been using Horde5 for years without issue, especially the Ingo 
component which works extremely well! My installation only have Horde, 
Ingo and IMP. IMP is "hidden" as I don't want a WebMail but it allows 
Ingo to list the user folders in the "Deliver to..." feature of the 
filtering process.

I'm trying to migrate to Horde6 with a brand new install. Once the 
corresponding settings from Horde5 are adapted to Horde6, most of it 
works and I really like that providing the "old" SQLite file upgrades it 
with the new specifics without losing the data.

I use a combination of both "local" prefs as well as "vhost" style 
configuration files. The same Horde5 installation serves 3 domains and 
everything works perfectly.

But, on Horde6, I'm facing a few issues I can't figure out, here they are.

1. File HORDE/var/config/ingo/prefs.local.php
```
$_prefs['forward']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['redirect']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['redirectkeep']['locked'] = true;
$_prefs['spam']['locked'] = true;
```

But there's no effect on the UI, all of these sections still appear and 
are functional.

SIDE NOTE: It's a bit weird that I had to write a hook since Horde5 to 
make Ingo login to the Sieve service using the full username (including 
domain) and I still need that hook in Horde6. IMP have "hordeauth = 
full" which would be nice to have in Ingo to avoid using a hook :-)


2. I try to hide IMP from Horde6's menu but I can't make it work

In Horde5, simply setting "$this->applications['imp']['status'] = 
'hidden';" in "registry.local.php" (or registry-SERVERNAME.php) worked 
perfectly.

In Horde6, the behaviour is weird.

- If I'm already logged in, modifying "registry.local.php" and 
refreshing the browser does change anything

- If I'm not logged in (or log out first), trying to log in spits a big 
exception complaining that the registry configuration misses required keys.

If some Horde guru have some clues, that would be nice :-)

-- 
Neil



More information about the horde mailing list