[horde] Registry and prefs without effect

NP HordeML horde.mail at niska.top
Mon Sep 28 15:21:47 UTC 2026


On 28.09.2026 16:41, Brent wrote:

>   Is the symbolic link there too?
> 
> Eg:  HORDE/vendor/horde/turba/prefs.local.php
> 
> This should be a symbolic link to your actual file, HORDE/var/config/ 
> ingo/prefs.local.php.

I've checked and it wasn't there. I created manually but nothing 
changed, Ingo still displays "Forward", "Spam," etc.

I've suppressed all symlinks in "vendor/horde/{horde,ingo,imp}" and run 
"composer horde:reconfigure" which also creates the required symlinks in 
case I did something wrong. All symlinks were recreated correctly but 
still no joy, Ingo still displays the features I want to disable.

For now, I'm stuck on that matter.


> Missing keys? If you login as admin and you go to the admin page, are 
> any of the configuration or db schemas out of date?

I've been testing a lot here and this matter is now fixed!

I switched to a new container using PHP 8.5. I don't know if it really 
made a difference (I was using 8.4 before) but with:
$this->applications['imp']['status'] = 'hidden';
in "HORDE/var/config/horde/registry-<SERVERNAME>.php" it works nicely. 
Upon refresh, the "Mail" menu isn't there anymore.

NOTE:
The stack trace with missing keys message was when I was still trying to 
make the "Mail" disappear from the menus. The error occurred when I set 
"$this->applications['imp-menu']['status'] = 'hidden';" but now that I 
don't need that anymore.


PS: Is there a way to make "Mailbox Search" disappear too? It makes no 
sense IMHO in my case with Imp being "hidden".

-- 
Neil



More information about the horde mailing list