[i18n] problem with horde + imp + imap/ssl + ldap

Miroslav Pendev miro@cybershade.us
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:58:22 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "dimitra deka" <dimi@ucnet.uoc.gr>
To: <i18n@lists.horde.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 6:03 AM
Subject: [i18n] problem with horde + imp + imap/ssl + ldap

> I have installed horde and imp and i am having a login problem saying
> that username or password are incorrect!
> I want to use imap over ssl, and ldap server?
> When i use the option 2 in horde.php, which is to detect for ssl I get
> the above message. In case I use the option 1 in horde.php, which is
> to use ssl I get the message I cannot connect!
> Could anyoune help me out with this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Hi Dimitra,

I was has with the same problem, few weeks ago.
courier imap with openssl, php4.2.2, horde2.1,imp3.1, apache1.3.26,
but without LDAP!

I did uninstall everything, even the c-client (you need it for PHP IMAP
support) then I setup again everything but without ssl - I just don't need it.
Then it was OK!

If you need SSL, be sure that everything is compiled with SSL support, otherwise
you're asking for troubles ;-)

You need C-client, PHP and Courier with SSL for the transmitions between the
'web' server and the mail server, Apache with SSL is for encryption between the
'web' server and your browser. As far as I understand the above Horde setting is
for SSL Apache-Browser transmition.

Be sure to check what protocol you are using for the connection with the mail
server
and which login driver?

Hope that helps!

BTW, i18n list is for questions about translation (localization) of Horde and
company projects, try to ask into imp@lists.horde.org, too!

--Miro