[i18n] i18n with debian anyone?

Thomas Bätzler t.baetzler@bringe.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:43:35 +0200

Hi,

Jan Nielsen asked some time ago:
> Has anyone has any success getting gettext support under PHP 4 to work
under
> Debian (3.0r0)? The _() function does nothing except output its parameter.
> I'm using the Horde/IMP webmail system and it works fine with with
multiple
> languages under Apache/PHP on W2K so why won't it work on Debian?

I had the same problem earlier today and since there is no
reply in the list archive, maybe somebody is interested in
my findings ;-)

In my case, it seems like the cause of the problem was that
I did not have any additional locales generated on the
system. I did a "dpkg-reconfigure locales" to add the
locales I wanted to use in Horde/IMP and then run
"locale-gen" - after that, the localisation in Horde worked
fine for me.

HTH,
Thomas
--