[i18n] IMP 3.2-RC1

Leena Heino Leena.Heino at uta.fi
Tue Feb 4 13:37:25 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Leena Heino <Leena.Heino at uta.fi>:
>
> > I was wondering wheter \-characters cause troube with gettext.
> > There is a string in imp RELENG:
> > _("You can not have the '\' character in your full name.")
> >
> > Should \-character be used or somehow escaped like:
> > _("You can not have the '\\' character in your full name.")
>
> That's what I'd think too. But it seems to work.
Ok, but future translations might be missing this string with \-character
as the xgettext.sh will lose the \-character from messages.po.
Correct would be:
_("You can not have the '\' character in your full name.")
but in the messages.po (after xgettext.sh):
_("You can not have the '' character in your full name.")

Therefore the translator might translate the wrong string.

--
  -- Leena Heino (liinu at uta.fi)