[i18n] two questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Apr 13 14:11:19 PDT 2003

Quoting Parham <parham at bornisgroup.com>:

> Hello
> I start translation Horde and IMP to Presian language.Persian language is
> a right to left language.
> I have a question from metod of translation sentence that these have one
> or more veriable.
> my question is place of variable?
> for Example :
>

> In persian translation this variable (left variable) must let it be
> "six".

You can use positional Parameters in the gettext strings in your .po file:

msgid "String `%s' has %d characters"
msgstr "%2$d Zeichen lang ist die Zeichenkette `%1$s'"

In this case the %d from the original string will be used first.

> my another question is:
>  how long time compile a .po file after send me that for you?

Not sure what you want to ask. Do you mean how long it will take until we
include your translations into our modules?