[i18n] Re: Translating a new module...

Wed May 28 17:45:15 PDT 2003

Hi!

> Just use gettext calls for all strings in your code that need to get
> translated, create a po directory and use translation.php to create your
> translations.

I've done like you told me... everything worked.

So I translated my whole module, but something went wrong, I'm not getting
any translations anymore, in _no_ module.

I've done the following:

1. Called "php -f translation.php update -m mymodule -l de_DE", since I
already created mymodule.pot and de_DE.po in my po directory.
2. Called "php -f translation.php merge -m mymodule -l de_DE".
3. Translated de_DE.po
4. Called "php -f translation.php make -m mymodule -l de_DE".

I think, this should be sufficent to get my translation working (according
to the readme), but it doesnt. No matter which language I'm choosing on
login, I only get the original (english) text strings.

I've taken a close look to the "mymodule.mo" file, as far as I can see, my
translation is included correctly there.

Do you have any idea whats going on there?

Eduard