[i18n] Current Babel status?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 29 16:10:48 PDT 2003

> > > can anyone tell me what the current status of the Babel module is?
> >
> > dead.
>
> It it dead, or just severely neglected? Is there useful stuff that babel

It has never really been Hordedized though its build upon Chora.

> could
> do in cooperation with translation.php, or does translation.php take care
> of
> everything?

My vision is that we have some common Gettext libs in Horde that will be
used by translation.php and Babel. Both should do mostly the same, while I
see Babel being the web version of KBabel but also a general interface to a
project's i18n efforts (statistics, signing up for new translations, taking
over of abonded translation etc).