[i18n] translation.php wipes out messages ?

Benoit St-André ben at benoitst-andre.net
Thu Sep 11 17:18:06 PDT 2003

Le jeu 11/09/2003 à 10:56, Jan Schneider a écrit :
> > Ok, translation.php uses gettext-0.12 on my install. This great, but...
> >
> > gettext version: 0.12.1 OK
> > PHP support in xgettext: No, trying C++ instead
>
> This should have been fixed already. If you have the latest version of
> translation.php please tell me the output of:

I have the latest version of translation.php from cvs...

> xgettext --help

you mean, from the command line ? just "xgettext --help" ?

It tells me the help command in french
> and
>
> LANG=en xgettext --help

it tells me the same thing, in french too...

> > It seems it doesn't use the php support (I supposed I had to do
> > ./configure --enable-php to compile gettext, but it didn't make (!) a
> > difference).
>
> No, php support is enabled by default.
>
> > It would'nt be a problem if gettext-0.12 was solving the problem, but,
> > messages are still being wiped out...
>
> Because it still doesn't use the PHP mode.
>
> Jan.

So, how do I make it use the php mode ? :-\ I have the 1.66 version of
the translation.php file, which is the newest one, I also have updated
everything from the CVS and I'm working from a fresh cvs checkout on
which I didn't change a thing... And it still doesn't use the php
mode... :-(
--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net http://benoitst-andre.net