[i18n] Re: French language doesn't work for me

Damien Harper damien.harper at keops.net
Thu Jan 29 00:39:23 PST 2004

Hi,
Here is my setup :
    Server : RedHat9 / Apache 2.0.40 / PHP4.2.2 (from Horde FTP)
                -> the server is set up for France / french / latin1
                -> all locale vars (but LC_ALL) contain fr_FR.UTF-8
    Client : WinXP Pro SP1 / Internet Explorer 6 SP1 / All patches and
security fixies
                -> the client is set up for France / french / latin 1

=> IE6 always send/receive UTF-8 encoded data from my horde setup even if I
manually set the encoding scheme within IE to use ISO-8859-1
That's why I think horde tries to detect if the browser support UTF-8 and
then stick to it !

Regards

"Benoit St-Andre" <ben at benoitst-andre.net> a écrit dans le message de
news:200401271420.27724.ben at benoitst-andre.net...
Please keep discussions on the list too :-)

I'm a bit mixed up between your personal system (with your browser) and the
server setup.

Does the server locale have the same parameters has you said ?

--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net
Connaissez-vous Linuxédu-Québec ? http://linuxeduquebec.org