[i18n] Problem with Estonian translations

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Jul 28 12:07:59 PDT 2004

Hello!

I submitted Estonian translations for Horde, IMP, Turba and Passwd
(RELENG branches) at the end of May. Now I installed these applications
to another server by checking out the RELENG branches from CVS (which
included the Estonian translations I had committed).

To my surprise, the translations didn't look quite right on the new
server. All the umlauts used in Estonian (ü, õ, ä, ö) were replaced
with two-character representations ("u, ~o, "a, "o).

However, it turned out that I could fix the problem by simply running
'make' in po/ subdirectory of each application.

I can't say that I understand all this i18n/l10n stuff very well, but
is it possible that Estonian locale on the machine which is used to
build the .mo files for CVS is not quite up to date?
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?