[i18n] Latest Horde and IMP translation for Persian Language.

S.M.H. Hamidi hamidi at ce.sharif.edu
Wed Sep 1 15:22:49 PDT 2004

hi list,

I became familiar with Horde about 2 years ago. I think I am one of the
first horde users in Iran. AFIK at least four different sources (including
myself) translated horde and some of its applications in persian but none
of them tried to publish them till some days ago. Most of them are used in
commercial products where employers don't allow you to reuse/publish your
work.

Finally, translation of Horde/Turba/Sork/IMP was defined as a sub-project
in FarsiLinux (www.farsilinux.org) Project, a governmental project . The
FarsiLinux board approved budget about 25000$(or maybe more). It is very
high in Iran compared with other software projects.

I'm in doubt that if any of these translations are outputs of that project
or not. Also I can state many things about reasons of that delay and
reasons of such precedence. But I prefer to mention it in my persian blog
for my compatriots:
http://hamidi.persianblog.com/1383_6_hamidi_archive.html#2368613

> Zitat von Seyyed Mehdi Sheikhalishahi <alishahi at amnafzar.com>:
>
>> Hello Group
>> I translate Horde and IMP to persian language. The translation file is
attached.

> It has taken something like five years until someone created a Persian
translation, and now we get two of them within a few days? :-)