[i18n] Re: translation message question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Dec 5 08:21:38 PST 2004

I reply to the i18n list, because this might be interesting for other
translators too.

Zitat von Ivan Noris <noris at bgs.sk>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> I'm almost done with Slovak translation for new Horde apps generation, but I
> have some questions for meaning of some strings.
>
> First, what is "Linked attachment"? I have read the sources, your translation
> file (as I can read Deutsch), but don't understand the meaning.

Linked attachments is a new feature in IMP that does not sent attachments
embedded in the message, but only a link in the message footer to a place
where the recipient can download the attachment(s), through the IMP
installation, without needing to authenticate.

> Also, what is Mac resource fork?

To be honest, I don't really know. I only know that is has something to do
with how attachments work on Mac systems. I bet someone else can explain
this correctly.

http://horde.org/consulting/