[i18n] IMP 4: Korean user problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jan 26 09:56:43 PST 2005

Zitat von Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com>:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Does this happen with all Korean messages, i.e. does it happen with
>> messages sent from IMP too? If not, these messages are probably broken,
>> perhaps not specifying the used charset.
>
> D'oh - meant to mention that.  :)  Messages from IMP appear to work
> correctly, but messages from other mailers do not.

Then they are most probably broken. Can you post the full headers of such a
message?

> If the message is broken, what can we do to get IMP to override it? It's
> odd that they work fine in IMP 3. (Because it used to work, the users
> won't like us saying "sorry, the remote end is broken..")

It works fine in IMP 3 because we simply spit out the message as is. If the
user happen to use the same charset with the interface that the message is
sent it, it magically works.

> I can probably provide message samples to someone offlist, if it'll help.

The headers would be sufficient, but the only valid solution would be to add
a user preference that specifies a default charset if none is given in the
email message. But noone was interested to develop such a feature or to pay
someone to develop such a feature yet.

http://horde.org/consulting/