[i18n] Horde 3.0.5 RC2 translation problems

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Sun Jul 17 12:19:08 PDT 2005

Hi,

I noticed a few problems while updating and testing the Hungarian
translation of the upcoming Horde release.

1. The tooltip of the Horizontal Rule tool in the HTML editor never gets
translated. I tracked down the problem, it is in the
/templates/javascript/htmlarea_lang.js file. You need to change this line:
horizontalrule: "<?php echo addslashes(_("Horizontal Rule")) ?>",
to:
inserthorizontalrule: "<?php echo addslashes(_("Horizontal Rule")) ?>",

2. MM is being used in two meanings in the code: sometimes it stands for
month, somtimes it stands for minutes. This is not a problem for
Indo-European languages, but it may very well be for others (like it is
for Hungarian). My suggestion is to use 'hh' and 'mm' instead of 'HH'
and 'MM' to abbreviate hours and minutes in the code. The relevant
places are:
#: lib/Horde/UI/VarRenderer/html.php:342
lib/Horde/UI/VarRenderer/html.php:373
#: lib/Horde/UI/VarRenderer/html.php:410 templates/data/date.inc:47
#: templates/data/date.inc:48 templates/data/date.inc:49
#: templates/data/date.inc:50
msgid "MM"
msgstr "MM"

3. Another word used in different meanings is "Subject":

#: lib/Horde/MIME/Viewer/rfc822.php:73 lib/Horde/Crypt/smime.php:611
msgid "Subject"

In lib/Horde/MIME/Viewer/rfc822.php it is the subject (short summary,
contents) of the letter. In lib/Horde/Crypt/smime.php it is an attribute
of the cryptographic key. Here it really means the "owner" of the key,
and I think you really need to translate it to something other then
"subject". (Actually I am not sure the original name of the attribute is
good.) My suggestion is to use something like "Subject (owner)" instead
of simply "Subject" in smime.php. This may make the meaning clearer even
in English.

4. In the moon phases mini-application (lib/Block/moon.php) the
following strings: "Which phases", "Current Phase", "Next Phase" should
be really: "Which cycle", "Current cycle", "Next cycle". "Which phases"
is meant to ask if you are interested in current month's phases or next
month's phases. Which/Current/Next month would be ok too.
I have no idea what "First Half" and "Last Half" means in the same
application (perhaps they should be First quarter and Last quarter?).

                                           Yours: Laszlo