[i18n] Some emails not displaying properly (Japanese)

inter@manse.ca inter at manse.ca
Wed Jul 27 11:02:04 PDT 2005

I was hoping to get some direction on troubleshooting a particular
character set, atleast that is what I think the problem is.

I have successfully set up horde/imp.  One of my clients is Japanese
and they too have been using it successfully, viewing the pages from a
Japanese version of Windows2K. However, every once and a while he
receives a message that he cannot read, not matter what View->Character
Encoding he chooses.

Where should I begin TS?  Is this a browser problem?  A font problem?
Something on the web server or in the PHP code?  Checking on a message
that works I see that it is multipart mime with one section being
text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP" and the other (non-working message)
is text/plain; charset=x-sjis.  I am not even sure if that is is
relevant?

Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you