[i18n] Using windows.

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 7 00:56:16 PST 2007

Zitat von Shashidhar G <shashidharg at aztecsoft.com>:

> Hello,
>
>             I am working on localization of horde on windows platform,
> and am following the instruction provided for translation.php.
>
>             I have installed gettext in the folder "C:\Program
> Files\GnuWin32\bin", and when running the translation.php on the command
> prompt I get an error saying
>

>             'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command
>

>             Since there is a space between 'Program' and 'Files' it
> throws this error, as windows supports spaces in files and directories
> name. So I had to modify translation.php. I included basename()
> functionality to extract the file name. And it executed worked fine.
>

>             While going thorough the code of translation.php and
> System.php, I noticed that the getext.exe is searched in all environment
> paths. If not found the program is terminated. Then why is it required
> to give the full physical path for executing gettext.exe? As the files
> in the environment path can be accessed from anywhere. Then the spaces
> on windows machine would not matter for these execution.

Because System::which not only searches PATH for the binary, but also
does some additional stuff like recognizing windows executable file
extensions etc.
The correct fix would be to locate the place where the script fails
and quote the command correctly. this came up on this list 2 weeks
ago, please check the archives.

http://horde.org/consulting/