[i18n] Change encoding from ISO to UTF (Language problem)

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Fri Feb 15 13:27:54 UTC 2008

Please post replies to the list.

> well I really see everything in ISO-13 if the locale is lithuanian.
> And there is no bugs in text.. If i change manually page encoding
> (with browser) to UTF-8 - I see text not properly.. For egzample
> instead of "š" i see "%" or smth... It is the way it should be, cause
> po file, which i had make into mo, was written in ISO-13 encoding, but
> I want to see everything in UTF-8. The main reason i want is this:
> when i am reading a letter, (for egz. it is in UTF-8) i need to click
> one button and open it in new window to see correct text, but I want
> to see it correct without opening new window. Cause the standart now
> is UTF-8, so most of letters goes as UTF-8. Unless there is any other
> way how to have a page in ISO, and read normally letters written in
> UTF-8..

Ok, let it put me this way. It doesn't matter what encoding you set in .po
files. Horde uses gettext which automatically converts it to UTF-8. If you
see the link in IMP to open messages in new window, then your server/browser
doesn't Support unicode.

Check adddefaultcharset parameter if you are using Apache. It should be
commented out.

--
   Vilius