[i18n] Decrease of msgsids on horde 3.2.2

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Jul 26 13:01:19 UTC 2008

Why don't you follow the official instructions that ship with Horde?

Zitat von Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> Hum, I was just following the wiki (http://wiki.horde.org/Horde3Translation[1]):
>
>  INTIALISE/MERGE THE TRANSLATION
>
> If this is the first time, run:
>  php translation.php init --module=MODULE --locale=xx_XX where MODULE is the module folder under horde and xx_XX is the locale (country and language code), e.g. en_GB or es_ES
>
> then, if you didn't create one before, build the compendium with all existing translations for the locale from other Horde applications:
>  php translation.php compendium --locale=xx_XX
>
> finally, try to get as many translations as possible from the compendium into the new translation:
>  php translation.php merge --module=MODULE --locale=xx_XX
>
>  EDIT THE TRANSLATION
>
> Edit /horde/MODULE/po/xx_XX/ using a suitable gettext editing program, such as KBabel and save the file.
>
>  UPDATE THE TRANSLATION
>
> php translation.php cleanup
>  php translation.php update --module=MODULE --locale=xx_XX
>  php translation.php make
>
> If you want to see the changes right away, restart the http server (i.e. /service httpd restart/ in Fedora, CentOS[2] and similar OSes).
>
> Jan Schneider escreveu:The commands you run don't make much sense to me, please check the documentation for translation.php again. All you usually need is either update or merge and make.
>
> Zitat von Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>[3]:
>
> Hello:
>
> Sure it doesn't make sense, which is why I've posted the message.
>
> What I'm trying to do: update the latest translations of horde module to pt_BR.
>
> Here are the commands I've typed: http://pastebin.com/m1256117b[4]
>
> **Please notice how after "merge" it says there are 2004 concatenated messages (line 65 at pastebin) and, after "cleanup" and "update", it says there are only 878 concatenated and 1128 obsoletes (line 261). After "make" it says there are 876 translated and 11 fuzzy (line 536).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luis Felipe (duli)
>

> Jan Schneider escreveu:
> Zitat von Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>[5]:
>
> I've recently translated the module horde - version 3.2.1. There was around *2003* messages (msgids).
>
> Results:
> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+------------+
> | Module | Language | Translated | Fuzzy | Untranslated | Updated    |
> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+------------+
> | horde  | pt_BR    | 2003       | 12    | 7            | 2008-07-05 |
>

> Now, after updating to horde 3.2.2, the number of msgids has decreased to *887* (I've tried with pt_BR, pt_PT and it_IT).
>
> Results:
> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+------------+
> | Module | Language | Translated | Fuzzy | Untranslated | Updated    |
> [...]

This doesn't make sense, because the translations are made from the horde.pot files. I don't know what you're trying to do, or what commands you've run for what purpose, so I can't help you any further.

 http://horde.org/consulting/

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.horde.org/Horde3Translation