[i18n] Hunspell support of IMP

Tornoci Laszlo torlasz at xenia.sote.hu
Sat May 23 13:27:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I successfully used the hunspell spelling checker instead of aspell for
Horde/IMP 3.1.5/4.1.5. All you needed for that was to change the
location of the aspell binary to hunspell in /horde/config/conf.php, and
change a few lines in /horde/config/nls.php like:
instead of $nls['spelling']['en_US'] = '-d american';
to         $nls['spelling']['en_US'] = '-d en_US';

My problem is, that since upgrading to 3.3.4/4.3.4, hunspell won't work.
My users are accustomed of using the spell checker, and hunspell is a
must for Hungarian (and many other languages, too...)

I looked at the source, and found I need to write
/horde/imp/lib/SpellChecker/hunspell.php
and change /horde/config/conf.php

I wrote the script based on /horde/imp/lib/SpellChecker/aspell.php,
however it doesn't work for me (I am not a php programmer, but the
script is not complicated). It really drives me nuts. The relevant lines
work from the command line, but the script doesn't through Horde.
It is not a uid/permission problem.
Please those of you who are interested in a good alternative to aspell
have a look at bug #8304 here:
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/8304
Here you can download the script and try it.

					Yours: Laszlo