[i18n] Horde4 messages

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu Jun 2 17:45:15 UTC 2011

Sveiki,

> Zitat von Vilius ?umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

>>> Translating horde.po (acquired by update -m horde -l lv) I noticed
>>> that there are a lot of messages identical to IMP's and from other
>>> modules.
>>>
>>> Is it right?

> Strings can appear in both Horde and the applications. Or are all
> strings from the applications pulled in?

>> That's the same problem I have. Looking at horde-translation script
>> I have assumed it could work only on git tree. Maybe Jan can shed
>> some light on this?

> I thought that was a problem with not using base parameter?

OK to summarize things:

1)    On   Horde4+apps   release,   running  horde-translation with or
without base parameter pulls strings
from  ALL  installed  applications  into  horde.po, all other .po files
(imp.po, ingo.po, etc.) remains at 0 bytes.

2) Running horde-translation on Horde4-git tree without base parameter
and IF Horde 4 release is installed on the same server also pulls all
strings from ALL *release* installed application into  horde.po, all other .po files
(imp.po,  ingo.po,  etc.) remains at 0 bytes. More over compendium and
all these .po files gets created under released tree, not the git tree
even if running ./horde-translation from /horde-git/horde/bin folder.

3)  Running  horde-translation  on Horde4-git tree with base parameter
everything  works  as expected and correct horde.po, imp.po, etc. area
created. Hence my wiki modification with were reverted as I saw.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius