[i18n] Impossible to compile kronolith.po

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:27:43 UTC 2011

Hello:

I was compiling horde.po file for pt_BR locate and it was going just
fine, until it began to show the following message:

Cleaning up PO files for module kronolith...
/home/gerente/git/horde/horde/lib/../../kronolith/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/kronolith.po
Cleaning up locale pt_BR...
done

Building MO files for module kronolith...
Building locale pt_BR...
[  WARN  ] An error has occured:
/home/gerente/git/horde/horde/lib/../../kronolith/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/kronolith.po:198:
format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' for argument 3 are not the
same
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 1 fatal error

Results (including Horde):
+--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+
| Module | Language | Translated | Fuzzy | Untranslated | Updated |
+--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+
|        |          |            |       |              |         |
+--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+

Please report any bugs to i18n at lists.horde.org.

On line 198 of kronolith.po there's:

195: #: templates/edit/edit.inc:275
196: #, php-format
197: msgid ", %d times"
198: msgstr ", %d times"

Also, it doesn't matter if I leave the msgstr blank ("") or if I
translate it. The error still occurs.

I can't go any further on translating this po file. What is wrong?

Thaks.
Luis Felipe