[i18n] Changes to .po files not showing in interface

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Jun 14 10:49:37 UTC 2013

Citeren Oleg Hanins <olegs at latcard.lv>:

> Hello to every one!
>

> We use:
>
> CentOS 6
>
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.4
>

> I tried to update ./locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/horde.po
>
> I have downloaded this file by filezilla SFTP protocol.
>

> To edit this file I used Poedit (http://www.poedit.net/)
>
> and the Poedit have created a new horde.mo file as well.

This is not recommended.

> I have uploaded (by fileZilla) all these two files horde.po, horde.mo to
> ./locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/
>

> And changes not showing up...

Chances are that the .po files are out of date. In that case you can
modify whatever you want, if the strings are no longer used,
translating them is useless.

> We have tried to restat Apache and it has not helped.
>

> How can I force horde to use new files?

You should merge the existing .po files with the latest .pot files
first. The easiest way to deal with the translations is to use the
'horde-translation' tool which should be installed along with horde.
Use 'horde-translation merge' to do the above mentioned merge, edit
the .po files that are now updated and then use 'horde-translation
make' to build the new .mo files.